Full Name of Project
CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR PROVISION OF HIGH RESOLUTION SATELLITE IMAGERY AND TECHNICAL SUPPORT FOR THE 2018 MALAWI POPULATION AND HOUSING CENSUS MAPPING.
Overall, the aim of the mapping exercise is to update the geographic frame which the NSO uses for all its data collection activities. However, the main and crucial task is to demarcate EAs so that we have up-to-date and accurate EA maps in time for census enumeration in June, 2018. Specifically, the mapping exercise will accomplish the following objectives:
- To come up with credible Census Mapping strategy (CeMaS) document which will form as basis future mapping endeavors but also as reference for various methodologies, terminology and standards pertaining to 2018 Census mapping.
- To acquire satellite imagery which will provide necessary input in updating EA
- To generate a dwelling frame (DF) which will be used in census and other surveys to easily identify households.
- To update EA boundaries in time for the 2018 Census enumeration
- To produce a range of map products such as EA maps which will be used during 2018 Census enumeration and subsequent surveys by the NSO.
- To set up GIS, IT, and human resource infrastructure to be able to support 2018 Census enumeration activities through provision of various geography related services.
Country(s) being implemented
- National Statistical Office - Demography & Social Statistics, Economics and Agriculture Divisions
- Other Malawi Government Departments
- Non Governmental Organizations - UNFPA, WorldBank
- The public
SURVEYS (MALAWI) LIMITED