The objective of implementing up a Network of Excellence on Land Governance in Africa (NELGA) Web Portal and Data Repository will be to make information (in the form of existing research, data, maps etc.) available to researchers on the continent and beyond to carry out applied research to inform policy dialogue and reforms, as well as providing them with the necessary data to monitor government policy and program implementation. The proposed portal and its functions are in particular intended to address one of the most quoted needs for land tenure information specifically cadastral and registry data in a specific region.
The overall objective will be defined by the following benchmarks:
- Hosting the Web Portal and Date
- Undergo the Data Collection & Assessment at country levels for a total of 4 countries
- Lead the User Engagement to define the data needs and buy-in of stakeholders;
- Carry out Communication, Outreach and Awareness activities to ensure the sustainability of the data repository;
- Carry out Capacity Building activities at country level with users/providers of data